- Small dice apples to fill jar to neck. Then 2 to 3 more.
- Empty jar and combine with extras and cinnamon to taste in bowl.
- Add in kosher salt, a little at a time until slightly salty. Just slightly.
- Massage salt in until some juice forms.
- Pack tightly into jar until just a slight bit above neck.
- Cut plastic lid to fit inside and push down to submerge in juice.
- Leave in cool place with low light in kitchen, uncapping every time you walk by to release gas for 7 days.
- Remove plastic and top layer of apples, and refrigerate.