I have found myself in possession of 60 oz. of cow corn through an act of folly. With corn, remember, you always get what you paid for, and cheap corn is probably cow corn. So, I thought, I'll play with some recipes, and see what I can do.
I pureed all 60 oz. of kernels, and starred at it. Corn bread it was.
Sadly, I have no picture to show you on this one. I gobbled up half of it, then set about destroying it to make other things. But these sweet, golden, moist cakes looked like one would expect.
30 oz. corn, creamed/pureed
3/4 cup Lakanto
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 Tbsp. molasses
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
2 Tbsp. powder
3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, combined corn, sweeteners, molasses, eggs, and butter.
- Sprinkle powder over top, then stir in well.
- Add flour, one cup at a time, mixing well. A bit more than a muffin mix.
- Scoop into lined muffin tins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until gold.
- Cool completely before storing.
Make 28 at 125 calories a muffin