I've got a knack in the kitchen that let's me get away with this stuff, but over the years I've learned to write down what I've done as I go, so I can make it again.
This rich, smokey, spicy chili is something I definitely want to make again. Best part? Not too bad for you for a white chili, and full of the protein I need now that I've started light strength-training.
6 oz. red kidney beans (canned or pre-cooked)
4 oz. shredded chicken, precooked
1 oz. green onion, snipped as small as possible
1 oz. jalapeno, diced
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
4 oz. (1 cap) Portobello mushroom
1 cup So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Drink (green box)
1.5 oz. smoked Gouda, sandwich sliced and chopped
1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. low sodium soy
1/8 tsp. cayenne
Salt to taste
- In medium sauce pan, combine beans, chicken, onion, jalapeno, minced garlic, mushroom, and coconut milk. Cook until mushroom is cooked through.
- Add in flour and nutritional yeast, and stir to thicken. Depending on your mushroom, you may need more or less flour.
- Add in Gouda, and stir until melted.
- Add soy and cayenne. You can do this to taste or my my directions.
- Serve, and salt each bowl to taste. Some people will like it without, some people grew up on Campbell's.