When I'm nibbly but not truly hungry, I usually make quesadillas using my own tortillas. They're filling and just heavy enough to shut my brain up, without loading on the calories. The trick is all in your cheese choice. Using reduced fat or lower calorie shredded cheeses keeps you from overloading on the good stuff, while giving you enough of it to please you.
Added bonus, another way to use up those farm share greens! Speaking of which, my CSA starts in 10 days, so prepare yourself for another edition of Farm Share Fixings!
1/4 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella
1 handful baby spinach leaves
1-2 tsp. minced garlic, to taste
- Place 2 tortillas on your griddle. Oven off.
- Smear with garlic, and layer half the cheese on each.
- Arrange spinach leaves over.
- Sprinkle with other half of cheese.
- Top with the other 2 tortillas.
- Turn on the heat to medium-high and cook until cheese is melted enough you can safely flip. Will be golden.
- Serve alone, or with plain, nonfat Greek yogurt.
Makes 2 servings, 150 calories each.