This earthy, dense loaf is one of my new favorite sides. Toast it, slather it with butter and serve it with anything you like a darker bread with.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose, unbleached flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup (1/2 a stick) salted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups pureed beets
1 Tbsp. rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease your bread loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine beet puree, melted butter, and rosemary.
- Once thoroughly stirred in, add eggs and beat in.
- Add in powder and stir until combined.
- Finally stir in the flour and muffin-mix. This means mix until everything is just combined, but no more.
- Use a spatula to get everything into your bread pan, and smooth it out.
- Sprinkle with a bit more rosemary, and about 1/2 tsp. kosher salt.
- Bake 40-minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 30 minutes before turning out on rack to finish cooling.