This savory, cheesy and slightly sweet tata is good packed, held together by a creamy egg base. Not the traditional thick and creamy because, well, I like a bit more stuffings and a bit less eggs. So, it's probably closer to an egg casserole. I don't care.
1 Tbsp. plain, 0% fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup chopped green onion, loose not packed
3 oz. sliced beets
1/4 cup fat free feta
2 slices reduced sodium, reduced fat bacon
salt & pepper to taste
- I keep think sliced beets in the freezer. I thaw them, and microwave for 1 minute. You can cut your own up right before.
- Spray down 2 ramekins or one small casserole dish with coconut oil.
- In a pan, almost completely cook your bacon. I snip mine up into small pieces first.
- Combine egg and yogurt and hit with a beater until smooth and frothy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. I used a bit of garlic salt and ground black. Don't go crazy with the salt-remember there's bacon and feta in this dish.
- Layer beets on bottom. Sprinkle with green onions, followed by feta, and bacon.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes, checking frequently. Egg should be just set, not golden like so many pictures show. Edges can be golden, but if top is, the middle is generally overcooked. It will get spongy.
266 Calories for whole dish
You can now follow me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/rinnskitchen/