1 gallon bag tomatoes, whole, frozen (14-16 cups)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 entire bulb of garlic, peeled and minced
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. parsely
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan/Romano, the shaky kind
- Thaw your frozen tomatoes. You can now just pinch the skins off.
- Combine skinned tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic in your saucepan.
- Simmer until tomatoes soften up, then use a hand blender to break it up and smooth it out.
- Continue simmering until desired consistency is reached.
- Add sugar, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for a few more minutes to combine flavors.
- Remove from heat and add in cheese.
- Cool an bottle.